Amazing Recipe Of Aloo Tikki
Aloo Tikki are crispy, spiced, savory patties made from mashed potatoes, ground spices, herbs, together with a binding ingredient like bread crumbs or cornstarch. They can be pan-fried, shallow fried or deep fried. An Aloo Tikki is usually popular in North India where it is sold on street carts and enjoyed by all as a scrumptious street food. The street style Aloo Tikki recipe usually has a savory stuffing of green peas or Paneer or chana dal, and is served with Chana Masala or a spicy chickpea curry or chole. Recipe Of Aloo Tikki
All of this is finally topped generously with chopped onions, sweet tamarind chutney and fiery green coriander chutney. Sometimes, even curd/dahi (Indian yogurt) is also added to result in a dish, bursting with flavors and textures.
Recipe Of Aloo Tikki
Ingredients Of Recipe Of Aloo Tikki :
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 1/2 cup boiled and mashed peas (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs or rice flour (for binding)
- Oil for shallow frying
Our Website : https://delhifastfood.com
Our Instagram Page : www.instagram.com/delhifastfood.in
Instructions Of Recipe Of Aloo Tikki :
- Boil and Mash Potatoes: Boil the potatoes until they are soft and easy to mash. Once boiled, peel and mash them in a large mixing bowl. You can use a potato masher or fork to mash them evenly.
- Prepare the Spice Mix: In a small bowl, mix the red chili powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, and salt.
- Sauté Aromatics: Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Then add the chopped green chilies and grated ginger. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Mix Everything: Add the chopped onions to the pan and sauté until they turn translucent. Now, add the spice mix you prepared in step 2 and sauté for a minute. Combine this mixture with the mashed potatoes in the large mixing bowl. Also, add the boiled and mashed peas at this stage if you’re using them. Mix well.
- Add Bread Crumbs or Rice Flour: To help bind the mixture, add bread crumbs or rice flour to the potato mixture. Start with 1 tablespoon, and add more if needed. Mix until you can easily form patties without them falling apart.
- Shape the Tikki: Take a portion of the mixture and shape it into a round or oval patty. Repeat with the remaining mixture. You can make them as thick or thin as you like.
- Shallow Fry the Tikki: Heat oil in a non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the potato patties in the pan. Cook until the bottom is golden and crisp, then flip them and cook the other side.
- Serve: Once the Aloo Tikki is golden brown and crispy on both sides, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve Hot: Serve the Aloo Tikki hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, and yogurt, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.Aloo Tikki is a delicious and popular street food snack in India, and you can customize it with additional toppings or fillings to suit your taste.
What more with Aloo Tikki
Besides serving this Aloo Tikki with yogurt, chutneys and spice blends, the way it is traditionally served in cities in Northern India, here are a few fun and equally tasty ideas that this Aloo Tikki recipe can be transformed to.
- Aloo Tikki Burger – So, this one dives straight into the fusion world. With potato tikkis between burger buns, this very Indianized burger will be a hit with your kids. Try it!
- Frankie – A Frankie is quite a delectable version of a roll, quite frankly! Use the Aloo Tikki recipe to make the main stuffing in this recipe and you’re all set. This also gets made with whole wheat flour wrap. So, there’s a nutritious angle to it as well.